Garin Farm at San Joaquin (Part 3): An Adventure You Shouldn’t Miss
Okay, so we had pilgrimage, climbed a 400-step staircase, fed some animals, and watered some plants. So what’s next for us at Garin Farm? Definitely – FUN! Relax and enjoy the time with your family and friends at the farm by walking around and chatting, wonder at the beautiful views of the mountains and the sea, and of course, by boating or kayaking at the lagoon and screaming your lungs out at the zipline. There’s fun for everyone, for every age, at Garin Farm at San Joaquin!
Surely, a nature-lover would feel at home here. Away from urban lifestyle, Garin Farm offers everyone a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Take time to walk around the farm and breathe in fresh sea breeze. From the top at the Divine Cross down to the lagoon, any visitor would fall in love with the scenery. Here are the beautiful views you should never miss at Garin Farm.
Excitement and Fun! – That should mark your Garin Farm experience. There are plenty of activities to choose from – swimming, kayaking, and fly-like a superman at the zipline, fishing, horse-back riding, all-terrain bikes, and more.
If you plan to stay at the farm for the night, they also offer rooms at several rates and sizes. All rooms have beautiful views of the 5,000 square meter man-made lagoon and the Iloilo coast facing the Sulu Sea.
Definitely, Garin Farm is a must-see destination for all tourists visiting Iloilo. Enjoy the unique San Joaquin experience only our province can offer. A mixture of pilgrimage, organic farming, good food, and play – Garin Farm redefined the landscape of tourism at Southern Iloilo. Drag your family and friends at San Joaquin and discover for yourselves the fun at Garin Farm.
From Iloilo International Airport:
– You can take the Shuttle Bus going to SM City, Iloilo.
– From SM City, Iloilo, take the SM Mandurriao jeepney and take a stop at the nearby intersection under the overpass and ride the Oton bound jeep going to the jeepney terminal located in Mohon, Oton.
– In Mohon Oton Terminal, there will be several San Joaquin jeepneys ready to take you to GarinFarm for 60 pesos only.
From Iloilo City Proper
– Take the San Joaquin bound jeepney from Super terminal, Iloilo City.
– You can also take buses going to Anini-y or Dao Antique in Molo Terminal. Tell the bus conductor to drop you off in San Joaquin.
From San Joaquin Town Proper:
– Take a tricycle ride and tell the driver to take you to GarinFarm, Brgy. Huna. Brgy. Huna is a 2-minute ride from San Joaquin town proper.
For Private Transportation:
– San Joaquin is the last town in the southern part of Iloilo.
– The 53.5 Km drive along Iloilo- Antique National Road would get you in San Joaquin in about 1 hour.
– There will be signage and billboards directions along the highway going to GarinFarm to guide you.
Tips in Visiting Garin Farm San Joaquin:
- Bring umbrellas, sunblocks, shades and other protection you can have against the sun (if you visit from morning til after lunch). Don’t forget to hydrate yourself while climbing the stairs going to the cross.
- If you plan to try the zip line, kayaking, swimming, etc., plan ahead and bring extra budget. The entrance fee is not consumable (literally it’s for the entrance only).
- Take your time. Enjoy the scene. Stay safe.
- Visit also the town of San Joaquin. It’s really beautiful. I recommend visiting the 19th Century church and the camposanto along the highway for a taste of Ilonggo heritage. The plaza is clean, organized, and perfectly manicured which faces their handsome People’s Center. You may spend lunch facing the sea at Tiolas.
Iloilo I LOVE! is presenting our recent adventure at Garin Farm in a series of posts. Watch out for the coming posts soon.
Note: Iloilo I LOVE! is not connected in anyway with GarinFarm.
Tags: GarinFarm, San Joaquin